Sep 11, 2014

...and Republicans are beginning to irk me, too.


So the GOP is now giving nods to pro-abortion candidates. How lovely! Everyone, including conservatives, are further dehumanizing the unborn with their political agendas. Unbelievable. And some of them claim to be CHRISTIANS?! Another reason why I have been backing away from the term "Christian" and labeling myself as a "Christ follower" instead. Anyone who truly follows the Christ in the bible wouldn't dare to say that women should be able to murder their children. I think they are misunderstanding some things about Jesus. Would Jesus be nice to a woman who has had 20 abortions? Of course He would! Jesus came to earth for sinners, after all! And not one of us is pure of sin. He has compassion and love for all of us. Would He tell her that He condones her choices and that it was OK to have her unborn children murdered? I highly doubt it. 

"Jesus said, 'Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.'" -Matthew 19:14

If any of those candidates were from my state, I would not vote for them, regardless of what political party they were affiliated with. Excuses are made for them such as they, "support banning abortion after 20 weeks". I agree that is better than nothing, and for now I suppose that is fine, but what about the future? A child born at 20 weeks can potentially survive with medical assistance. WHAT IS THE POINT?! I'm not impressed by late-term abortion bans. Sure, these pro-abortion GOP senators will agree with some pro-life measures. But if we keep pushing personhood for the unborn, are they going to support that? Probably not. They will team up with the Democrats and kill any personhood bill introduced. And what is sad is that, in Massachusetts, the pro-life candidate running is on the Independent ticket. I don't know how likely it is that he will win, but if I were from Massachusetts, I would actually vote for him over the Republican guy.

Lord, have mercy on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment